Thursday 8 October 2009

crazy mom's quilt a long finally finished

finally, 18 months after I started - shocking huh! I've finished the quilt I started as one of crazy mom's quilt a longs. I think she has run 4 or 5 since...........
no idea why it took so long, perhaps because I knew it wasn't for me, and was always going to be a gift for my sister in law and her husband, (it was going to be a wedding gift, a year later and it's a house warming gift too.........)

all of the blues were from my stash, and I only bought the creamy white sashing and some of the cream for the blocks. so it's almost a scrap quilt. love that. want to start another one.



here's the view the other way on, not sure which is the top



and here's the back, also pieced to save on fabric. finished size 5ft x 7ft.



it's called Scattered Blues. and I finished it in my new studio - still loving that.

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! What a fabulous use of stash fabric too. How did you quilt it? By hand or machine - I'd love to know. What a lovely present for your sister in law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blues and creams like the sea you can see from your windows now. Really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt. I've been over at crazy mom's site looking at all the blocks. There are some I've not seen before. I'm doing the last border on a round robin. A group of 7 from Houston, Salt Lake City and Slidell, LA participating. Big reveal is next Friday in Houston at the International Quilt Festival. Should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful and you did good. My quilted wedding present to my sister took longer and longer and became smaller and smaller until it turned into a cot quilt for their daughter two years after they got married!! Hey, ho

    Have a lovely, lovely weekend,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful quilt and a wonderful heirloom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so stunning that I shall now invite you to adopt me as one of your sisters-in-law. Deal? Thank you very much. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. How clever you are ... I see wonderful quilts in your future now that you have your own studio.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely :)
    And the fact it was made in a studio means that it is obviously the coolest quilt ever
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exquisite...It is sooo gorgeous...LOVE this quilt! You did a beautiful job! All the white, creams and blues are wonderful. This is going to be a gift cherished for a long time. Well done, you! Isn't it a great feeling when you finish a HUGE project like that...I'm sure you're celebrating. Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  10. what an amazing present for the newlyweds, they will be delighted. It will become a family heirloom!
    I would be interested whether you hand or machine quilted too-only because I'm about to do my second ever quilt and am at odds as to how to finish it off.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great quilt - blues are my favourite! The pieced back looks really effective.

    ReplyDelete
  12. well done Tess, it;s beautiful and better late than never

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments, and I'll reply if I can see your email, or here in the comment box.