Sunday 23 November 2014

party planned - the girl party.




I ordered this book for Miss K's party. My hope is that this is going to be secret weapon in entertaining the sixteen year old girls.

sweet sixteen!

think peppermint creams, coconut ice, chocolate fudge, honeycomb and caramel popcorn.

I have a few weeks to go through the recipes, and to calculate the ridiculous amounts of icing sugar I need to buy.

In case that won't be enough sugar there's a plan for a DIY ice cream sundae feast.


Think tall glasses, ice cream, whipped cream, hot fudge sauce, fresh fruit, grated chocolate, and the cutest ever striped straws you ever did see.

and cake. there'll be cake too. and because I'm not completely mad something with vegetables in......

now to plan the boy party.....

thanks for all the sympathy about the conjunctivitis, it's much better now thank you. 
tea is the cure. really it is. you can drink it, and bathe your eyes in it. 

who knew. tea really is magic.

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have the party sorted, they are absolutely guaranteed to love it. Well done you! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, that sounds like the perfect 16-year old party to me. What the heck? Why not have that party with a bunch of middle aged quilters too? Sugar is our friend -- sounds wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh what a fabulous party idea! G and I both loved Sweets Made Simple on the telly--and I just read an interview with Miss Hope and Mr G in The Simple Things last night. And ice cream too--mmm! Can I come? ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you have a great time in the planning and that the party is a success too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made sweets with my kids before, it is fun. I chose recipes that didn't involve a lot of hard sugar mass kneading! How admirable to have a party for your 16 year old, my oldest (14 this week) gets to have a couple of friends round for take away pizza. Home made is too cringe worthy apparently. Have fun testing the recipes! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter is 16 next week, I am 50 this week. In view of this we are going away for the weekend to a cottage, she is taking a friend, I am taking champagne. I might take a bought cake. I applaud you putting together a party.... seriously I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy birthday to both of you, that sounds like a lovely way to celebrate x

      Delete
  7. What a fab idea for a party....they will love it! I would too :)
    Happy week!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a sweet sixteen party in January to plan too. I think you have a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like the perfect party, what can possibly go wrong? Maybe keep the sick bucket to hand!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. yes, please do x I could do with some help x

      Delete
  11. I'm sure tea has many wonderful properties - probably many still to be discovered. Your party plans sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to try making some sweeties. I bought one of their books for a friend a few years ago. She never used it. I should have kept it and given her wine instead...
    Enjoy!
    S x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That party sounds seriously good! It does sound to me like you need hot chocolate to drink in there too though. And good luck with the boy party, that one sounds much the hardest, speaking as a parent of a 14 year old boy and a 12 soon to be 13 year old boy it will be very interesting to hear what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments, and I'll reply if I can see your email, or here in the comment box.