Thursday 15 January 2009

blocks and bunnies

thanks for all the help deciding what to do with the quilt blocks, everyone seemed to think bigger is better, so I set off making extra blocks.
I had some extra help from a certain little Fred, he usually waits till the things have been ironed, and are lovely and warm before he sleeps on them, but he was obviously feeling impatient.....




these are the extra blocks, mostly repeats and a couple that I made up,




and here they are all together.




sashing next......
I had to break off from the blocks to do some emergency repairs to Miss K's bunny, he is one of those microwave wheat bag softies, and this is already the 3rd generation bunny.
bunny 1 was purchased for me when I was pregnant with Miss K and had backache, and when he got tatty he turned into a white bunny, with the old ears and tail.
when bunny 2 had to retire (I think he went in for too long and got a bit burnt........) bunny 3 was born, still with the old ears and tail, but he's been leaking his contents, and is VERY threadbare,



so let me introduce bunny 4.



how long will it be before E asks "can I have a new bunny"?

9 comments:

  1. Your quilt is going to be wonderful...can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful quilt this will be, kitties are so funny they just have to sit upon everything, don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, bunny #4 is a beauty! And that quilt-in-progress -- wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely lovely quilt blocks! And I do love the bunny. Could do with one myself today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bunny # 4 is such a cutie! well done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the finished quilt! That bunny is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is looking great so far, looking forward to seeing the finished product.

    Poor bunny! ... :0(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love bunny 4! Wonderful new blocks, your quilt is looking beautiful. Why do cats always wait for the ironing to sit on!
    Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the quilt blocks. It's going to be a really beautiful quilt that you will be proud of I am sure.

    Maybe wheat bunnies could be a new addition to your Etsy shop?????

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments, and I'll reply if I can see your email, or here in the comment box.