Thursday 5 November 2009

sewing sunshine

thank you for all the wonderfully supporting comments about yesterday's post, they really helped. I nearly deleted it later, but I'm glad I didn't. so thanks.
things are a bit better today.

and to bring some sunshine into this blog here's a little quilty picture I've made to hang above washing machine. I found this wonderful site with the most fantastic advice on quilting and free motion, called day style designs. I need to take a much better photo but I had such fun practising different little swirly free motion fillers, and some rather silly applique



the underwear on the line has caused much scandal with the youngest member of the family, could be worse, at least it's matching xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Love it!It cheered me up this morning!
    I hope today finds some resolution to the tears of recent days for Miss K.
    T x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love, love that quilty picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantasic and there's nothing like a bit of grown up scandal to make the little ones remember you are human.

    take care,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic picture, although I'm not sure why the knickers should be so scandalous!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry Miss K is having a hard time. As a Parent I think we go through our childrn's traumas with them and it hurts! I hope things improve for her soon
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's lovely! Can't see anything wrong with the underwear at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That must make you smile every time you do a load of washing! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charming! But I'm having a good laugh, because if you could see where my washing machine sat (in a scary unfinished basement without proper walls to hang things on)... Let's just say I wouldn't want to subject a lovely picture to that environment.

    P.S. Tell E. that I once saw the local Catholic priest's entire underwear collection hanging out on his drying rack. All white, all identical.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have a great site full of wonderful pictures, im glad i found you, and im very envious of where you live :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments, and I'll reply if I can see your email, or here in the comment box.