the arts festival itself went really well, so thank you all so much for your lovely supportive comments, I met some great people, felt really part of a fantastic community event, and managed to resist spending Too much money on some of the incredible talents that were on show. I did get a few treats, and I'll photograph them later.
anyway as I mentioned last week I was sent some vitamins to trial/review from B Record Plus and whilst it is so incredibly difficult to know whether something has had an effect, as you can't tell how you would have been without it, I do think that having had some extra help this week has been incredibly useful, and although everything was extremely tiring I did still feel great for most of the time, whether the effect of the vitamins, or the placebo effect or adrenalin to get me through I can't be sure but I'd like to think they helped, and I'm still feeling full of beans so to speak so the effect seems to last longer than the 10 day dose. There's loads of scientific sounding stuff on the website, and here , which will try to convince you of it's virtues, I have to say I'm not one to be baffled by science, and whilst some of it sounded superficially good, I wasn't convinced by all the technobabble. but then I'm a cynic when it comes to science, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, so perhaps I am just being a humbug. Most likely this in fact as I get very cynical about the scientific stuff about moisturizers and makeup etc too....so in my truly unscientific opinion;
- I think it probably worked, and certainly taking something and doing something proactive about your health is a great way to remind you to be healthy in other ways "shall I eat that large bar of chocolate? mmm maybe not it might counteract the posh vitamins I just took"
- I've had more energy, felt less hungry and slept better.
- has to be taken first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. this was surprisingly hard to me, I don't function till I've drunk a cup of tea, so for 3 days I didn't start the course of 10 treatment as I kept having a cup of tea first thing... then I put the box next to the bed, and I still forgot 3 of the day days and had tea first. perhaps I should have reviewed a memory supplement.....
- you have to twist the cap and shake the powder into the liquid, no matter how much you shake it still mostly sticks to the side of the jar. I always had to add water to the empty bottle and shake it again, so as not to waste any precious magical potion. which wasn't a bad thing as the water counteracted the next point.
- it tastes bad. artificially sweet, I for one would have preferred not to have the sweet taste.
- will I try it again. maybe. would I recommend it. yes I guess so.
thank you B Record Plus for the sample, have to go, I've got birthday bunting to make, one or two empty wine bottles to go to the bottle bank, an extra choir rehearsal tonight, a cottage picture to alter, a heap of stuff that needs to find it's way onto folksy, and one day I soon I really need to finish E's quilt, it is beginning to haunt me.....
hope you are all enjoying the sunshine, and that's not too hot for you, it's just about right here, and I'm loving it. x