Thursday 25 April 2013

16 more miles of coast and castles


This blog is fast becoming an advert for the Northumberland coastal route.


From Newton by the Sea head north till you reach Football cove.


Keep going and going and eventually you will pass Seahouses and you can admire the little dot in the distance that is Bamburgh Castle as it comes into view. Pause here to wonder where the better photo I uploaded has disappeared to, whilst I retie my shoe laces. Again.

o

Do a happy dance when the route app on L's phone beeps for the 8 mile mark and turn about.


Stopping to admire the sun shining on the Farne Islands and tie my shoe laces.


The tide has gone out and the enormous expanse of Beadnell Bay is calling out to be walked across with your eyes closed. No chance of bumping into anything.....


And even though the water is Incredibly Cold, sometimes you just have to go for a paddle!

Coming up soon - something other than walking photos! (followed by more walking photos.......)

11 comments:

  1. I have been neglecting you. Sorry. It all looks rather fabulous however many times you show us. Thank you and make certain you look after those tootsies. Ax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring on all the advertising photos you can muster. They're always beautiful and they allow a girl to dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your walking posts. Sorry for being so out of touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just been catching up on your posts - I seem to have been out of touch with blogging for a while. I love your bunnies and your hand made shopping bags and your walks all look delightful - I really must visit the coast more often! Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They should pay you for these posts! Who needs glossy brochures? I can smell the sea air from here. Did you get frostbite after that paddle? J x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that part of the coastline and yeah, you just gotta have a paddle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am also loving your coastal photos. The scents and sounds you get as you walk along must be gorgeous (assuming not too much traffic). T x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fan of your walking routes here. Northumberland is an area I don't know so just you post away. I still think you're crazy though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. they're gorgeous photos... and I'm very jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to see this stretch of coast that I once knew so well ... I was a student in Sunderland for year and the coast between there and Bamburgh was where I escaped from the city every weekend.

    You've got me longing for a paddle now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this continual advert, Tess... keep it coming, we don't mind! :o) LOVELY, lovely views... *swoon*... ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments, and I'll reply if I can see your email, or here in the comment box.