Wednesday 28 May 2014

fancy a walk?


With less than 2 weeks to go until this years Moonwalk Scotland I realise I haven't taken you on many walks this year. 



So lace up your trainers, and lets go, first we'll go down to the river and then through the garlic scented woods,


admiring the castle as walk past, and then glimpse back at the clouds and tell them to Go Away.


Look there is a patch of blue sky, high up above the lion on the bridge.


Where now? The beach I think, let's take one of the estate walks, 


the red route follows the old railway line


so if you want you can pretend to be a train. choo choo. 


crossing over the viaduct. oh my we are high up,


don't look down if you get vertigo, we are higher than the tree tops.


Now we leave the flat even railway path, and climb out up out of the railway cutting, 


before joining the sustrans cycle network briefly and dropping down the hill


and we can glimpse the picture perfect coloured houses of Alnmouth across the tidal estuary,


until finally we reach the sea. 

fancy a paddle anyone?

(15 miles round trip in case you think you deserve an ice cream?)

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh, thank you for taking me on your walk! Next time I visit (ha!) perhaps we could go on a long walk, rather than meet in a bookstore? Thanks for taking us along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely it can't be that time already? I had grand illusions of joining in this year but it seems to be too late...
    What a lovely walk. I certainly deserve a 99!
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 15 miles! You certainly deserve an ice cream!!! I hope that the moonwalk goes well for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning walk, and beaches are so clean compared to muddy fields! With you as a walk guide I'd like to do that 15 mile round trip one day! J x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful walk, the castle is stunning. I'd definitely need an ice-cream at the end, I do hope you had one! Your photos are fantastic, with such amazing skies. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fabulous walk! Sadly, having sprained my ankle at lunchtime - careless of me, I know - it might be a while before I'm donning my own walking boots again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! We have holidayed in Northumberland on several occasions and loved it! Love the Alnmouth houses! Makes we want to go back ......

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments, and I'll reply if I can see your email, or here in the comment box.