Wednesday 30 January 2013

on a journey

I feel like I'm on a bit of a journey at the moment.  Just as I get to my destination something changes and I'm off again in a different direction. The exam invigilating is over for now, the snow of last week caused havoc, so it got increasingly stressful.  Time for a bit more sewing I thought, maybe get focused on some new things and manage a few more rows of the sock yarn shawl.


Instead out of the blue, a job opportunity too good to turn down, two days a week, working from home, computer based admin. So this week my head is exploding from training, training, training, and also from the "fun" of uploading a more recent copy of some software onto my laptop.
note to self. do not start to install huge software programs at 8.30pm. or you will end up watching two entire films and going to bed at 2am when it is finally finished and working properly.


oh and do you remember I said I'd entered a ballot for a half marathon? Well I got a place. And I panicked for a few days and then I might just have entered another power walking challenge.  more about that another day. I think I need an early night tonight...........


16 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness. What challenges, but good for you!
    I think an early to bed night is a good idea. I'd be walking into the walls after a night like that.
    Congratulations ten times over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working from home! What a wonderful opportunity and perfect to fit in with all your other commitments. Comgratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My stars! You're a busy bee. Have fun, and yes, get some sleep! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah there girlie! So much so fast. How veryvery exciting. Muchest luck on all fronts hun, Ax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new job! Anything which fits in around kids is such a godsend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on getting a job at home! I'm sure it will be a boon.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to be able to work from home, well done. I know what you mean about bed at 2.am. Sometimes I get carried away reading everyones blogs . Then I feel like hell the next day and have to do the school run.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops I do that too sometimes, blog reading can be so mesmerizing...

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on the job, Tess... and the marathon place--HOORAY! Bends in the road can sometimes offer those good, unexpected things. :o) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Tess -- congratulations on the job! It looks like you're all set for a busy spring -- better get crackin' LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done you, 2013 is off to a flying start. All this exercise though .. Is it good for you?
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A marathon? And a new job? AND power walking?

    I shall have to stop speaking to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah right. this from a woman who just completed a dryathlon!

      Delete
  12. You're sounding very energetic here! Good luck with the new job :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. well how exciting... a new job? and from home? brilliant.

    (If you feel you're on a journey... I feel like I'm standing still, which is much worse!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting - and from home. Good luck - not that you'll need it - and huge big wonderful hugs,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments, and I'll reply if I can see your email, or here in the comment box.