random posts are absolutely my favourite so I present to you -
ten random things from the Easter holidays.
- When you suggest to a blog friend that you meet for a cuppa sometimes in fact you go for a walk up a big hill, where it is Very Windy, but but you have a very lovely time and eating a delicious picnic in a howling gale trying to shelter behind a small rock is absolutely more fun than going to a tea shop. really it is. just don't mention the singing.....
- When you decide to get more vegetables into your teenagers who just about manage 5 portions of fruit and vegetables a day but there are some things they just don't like and the World Health Authority has increased it's recommendation to 7 portions a day, it doesn't help when your husband tells them there are parsnips hiding in the pear juice.
- There are seedlings growing in the greenhouse. there are also cats. well the cats are snoozing not growing.
- I may just have an obsession with photographing tulips. expect a blog post filled with tulips. soon.
- We went away twice over the holidays to visit family. During this time we experienced a lot of traffic. Sometimes I wonder why we move to the north of nowhere, and then I try and drive through York city centre and it all becomes clear.
- I wandered through my parent's and my brother's house picking up books to borrow that I wanted to read. Now I need a new bookshelf.
- Last week I got in lots of walking training for my walking marathon. This weekend I was supposed to do a 10 mile walk. It didn't quite happen..... oops. I did eat a whole packet of gluten free hot cross buns though.
- Youngest teenager went on a 3 day circus skills training workshop. He had enormous amounts of fun, is covered in bruises from falling off stilts and unicycles, and learnt to juggle in one day. one day I tell you. I am beyond envious.
- There is a rhubarb crumble in the oven. I love rhubarb but for the rest of the family it is their least favourite crumble. However the World Health Authority doesn't say that covering your 7 a day in ice cream is illegal so this is my cunning plan to get them all to eat it!
- Tomorrow they are back at school. There are many things I need to get done, but first that 10 mile walk........