Sunday 14 December 2014

party no. 2. the boy party, as planned by the teenage boy.

party planning by the teenage boy.

menu - junk food essential. the invitation read "eat junk food and get obese"

crisp - potatoes are a vegetable!
chocolate orange - oranges are a fruit!
cheese & onion crisps - onions are a vegetable! and cheese is protein
no mushrooms
cake
pringles
pizza
sausage rolls
ice cream sundaes


games

the magazine game - (each team has a pile of old magazines, and a list of silly things to find and tear out, eg. fish, queen, dog, bra, chocolate cake, pink shoes, first team to find all items wins )


competitive paper chains (2 teams, 2 rolls of selotape, strips of paper, 5 minutes, longest chain wins)
ultimate nerd quiz (2 per team, literature, science, entertainment and music rounds)
starburst game (2 teams, each with a packet of sweets, race to unwrap all the sweets, each team member has a go in turn, whilst wearing fluffy winter socks on their hands. eating sweets optional!)
pass the sweet spoon game (teamwork game, pass the sweet in a circle from a plastic spoon held in mouth)
cucumber game (as above but pass a cucumber between the knees)
empire - each person chooses a character they want to be, a list of the characters is passed around and they have to guess who everyone is.
pictionary - draw incomprehensible pictures for people to guess what they are.
cling film pass the parcel- layers of cling film with sweets between the layers, throw one on a dice, put on the gloves and try and unwrap a layer before the next person manages to throw a one.


 party followed by collapsing on sofa with large cup of tea and pretending not to notice the chaos the house is in...........

26 comments:

  1. That sounds and looks like it was a great party. I like the magazine game. Will remember that one for future. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a great game ! x but be prepared for the mess!

      Delete
  2. Cool! My teenager would kill me if I suggested games for his party but he is definitely on the junk food wave length. At Sam's party, his friends and him retreated to the den and did nor emerge unless more popcorn was required. I was a bit disappointed, I would much prefer your sons' party games. You are just amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those games! Very creative! Sounds like a really good fun party X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was lots of fun, if very messy............

      Delete
  4. Good grief - how exhausting! However just by the sounds of it - very successful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Eat junk food and get obese' hehe love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Need to remember these for July...
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  7. What brilliant games, how fantastic that he wanted a proper party, I bet his friends had a wonderful time. I'm taking notes too! Well done you, cup of tea very well deserved. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that was really brave! And sounds like it was also a success. How many teenage boys did you have there? I'm going to discuss this party with my soon to be teenager and see what he thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like a great party to me! I love all the different games, I should think they wore off more calories than they ate playing all those!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Mum used to organise parties like this for me and I loved them. There was one that involved a plate of flour packed into a flat topped heap with a sweet in the middle and you had to cut the flour away and when the sweet fell down you had to pick it out with your mouth - a sort of floury Jenga. That was particularly messy.
    When I read this I wanted to be there.
    I love that there were no mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure they all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that sounds like my kind of party! Think I might get the teen to organise all our parties. N Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic. I had never heard if the magazine game. Love it. Might try this over Christmas. Thanks for sharing. The teenage party sounds like so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha -- you're the best mom ever! I love the shot of the room after the magazine game -- what a great idea for an activity!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this sounds like a really fun party. The games all seem like they went over well and inspired healthy competition! The menu is right up my alley, lots of junk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dang, that party sounds right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am not usually a fan of party games but they sound like fun, wish I had had an invite. Love the picture. Two birthdays in December now was that bad planning!? Or a cold spring nine months earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chocolate oranges and sausage rolls, lovely! Great games too but somewhat different with the look of the house! It would have been a large adult beverage for me as they say over here! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sound like a great time!! I love the menu :)
    Halen xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the sound of the opal fruit game , and the cling film one :)
    Loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Catching up with your blog? Do you have boy/girl twins? Or teenagers with birthdays very close together? I have boy/girl twins and for the first time this year, they want separate parties. Feel quite strange about this but totally understand my kids wishes. They're growing up. Too fast.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments, and I'll reply if I can see your email, or here in the comment box.