happy Monday everyone. after a gloriously unexpectedly sunny day yesterday, today everything is wet and grey....... so I was very happy to be brightened up with a blog award from Tabiboo, thanks Nina.
it comes with a tag of 7 things about me. I've done a few of these before and they are fun, but I'm not sure I can think of a single thing about me today, so I am going to share 7 things to do this week instead. with a few random photos.
1. finish this quilt........ I've made the binding , don't you just love how it looks all rolled up, almost too pretty to unroll, but then the quilt will take even longer....and think of a name, any quilt that takes this long deserves a name.
2. have a long chat with both my children about pets. they both want a new pet. 2 cats is not enough... Miss K would like a dog, really really like a dog. or a polar bear. why a polar bear? well so it can eat a certain boy in her class who annoys her apparently.... E would like a small pet he can keep in his room. first it was a hamster, until I pointed out we have 2 cats. then he wanted stick insects, but decided they might not be good to play with??? so his new choice. a tiger.
3. finish my book for book club, ok - I'll be honest, start my book for book club....
4. order Everyday by Bill Granger from the library, as recommended by the coffee lady, I'm so hoping it will have the answer to all my midweek meal dilemmas. as mentioned in a previous tag I have quite a few cookbooks, but then again I never actually use them. this one. this one will be the answer.
5. stop drooling over patterns on Ravelry and actually choose a pattern that I want to knit. at the moment I am debating this, or this. oh and I've got some socks to finish.
6. learn to knit cables. otherwise I have no chance of even contemplating no. 5
7. make my dad a chocolate cake. we're going to visit this weekend, as my mum is having surgery on her knee. ok you might think I should be baking for her, but she much prefers flowers to cakes. my dad however, he is a great fan of cake. and who am I to deny him. after all if there is baking to be done then I am happy to oblige. I might also need to make a few cookies and perhaps a cupcake or two....