two lovely things have happened in the last 2 days, I got a wonderful surprise parcel in the post from Linaloo, and my first blogger award from Isobel at Cosy Corner. thank you Isobel!!!
the blogger award came with a request for 7 wierd facts.
I feel I've done something very similar already, so I'll try to keep it short.
- I have 112 cookbooks - I just counted, oh my god, I knew I had a lot but....
- of those 112, 17 of them are gluten free cook books, which means 95 have recipes in I can't eat unless I mess about with the ingredients, which sometimes works, and sometimes is a disaster....
- I had planned this year to try and cook something out of one of these books once a week, but now I've calculated it will take 2 years and 1 1/2 months maybe I'll eat tinned soup all year instead, less daunting.
- one of the great culinary achievements over Christmas was introducing curry to Miss K and E. friday night curry tradition we here come!
- when Miss K was little she was the fussiest eater in the entire world, she drove me to tears with it. now she eats huge amounts of almost everything, especially roast potatoes.
- considering all of the above it's amazing I don't look more like this;
- which would be unfortunate as my J's sister has asked Miss K and I to be bridesmaids in the summer.......
now the fun part I choose to pass on this award to (not sure how many I'm allowed to choose)
my parcel from Lina was a real treat, I'd sent her something as part of a pay it forward, and as a thankyou she sent me these, which I love, she'd posted about them here and it was such a delight when they sailed through my letter box - thankyou Lina, you are so generous!!
aren't they lovely!